Vision, Mission & Core Values
Abdulsalami Abubakar Institute for Peace and Sustainable Development Studies (AAIPSDS) aims to provide an excellent platform for intellectual growth and capacity for stability and development of national and global communities.
Our mission is to provide an enabling platform for the intelligentsia and the larger community for intellectual growth through excellent graduate and professional education with commitment to excellence, integrity and the upholding of people-centered values in response to the needs of local and global communities.
The Abdulsalami Abubakar Institute and Sustainable Development Studies (AAIPSDS) is a response to the need for innovative, effective and efficient Afro-centric conflict transformation and development methodologies. Thus, the core philosophy of the Institute is succinctly encapsulated in the statement of the former United Nations Secretary General, Mr. Kofi Annan that “the prevention of conflict begins and ends with the promotion of human security and human development”.
These are the core values or qualities that the Institute, faculty, students and alumni view as important.
- People-Centeredness in the pursuit of learning, teaching, studies and community service
- Excellence through initiative, enterprise and achievements that take society forward.
- Integrity by upholding the highest levels of honesty and the ethical pursuit of knowledge
- Partnership through building alliances, networks and collaborations across sectors and beyond borders.
- Diversity of cultures, ideas and peoples, fostering equal opportunities and personal dignity.
The strategic goals/objectives of the Institute are as follows:
- To nurture the personal and intellectual growth of participants/students by building community in social, civic and academic realms;
- To build an excellent faculty in all modules:
- To be among the best in integrating academic and strategic trainings, scholarship, research and community service;
- To play a significant role in building partnerships and collaborations within the country and beyond to extend our national and global reach and influence
- To Sinificantly strengthen all aspects of the Institute.