AAIPSDS through its strategic programmes over the years have engaged in diverse activities to impact on key issues and challenges confronting Nigeria in particular. Some of these activities include the United Nations International Peace Day lecture Series and strategic workshops and roundtable.
- The United Nation’s International Peace Day Lecture Series.
The Abdulsalami Abubakar Institute for Peace and Sustainable Development Studies (AAIPSDS) has provided a platform through its comers of the International Pace Day on 25th September, of every year has sought to bring to fore critical issues that could positively or negatively impact on building sustainable peace that in strategic for Nigeria and Africa’s development though this public discourse series. A total of four lecture series held in 2004, 005, 2006 and 2009 has been published in one volume titled “Winning Peace in a Turbulent World”. The volumes contain the following lecture series:
|1||2004||Prof. Thomas A. Imobigbe||
Living in the Fringes of danger: Nigeria and
The Problem of Pax Armamenta.
|2||2005||Rev Fr. Matthew Kukah||The UN, Africa and the Challenge of World Peace|
Nigeria’s Engagement with Pan-African
|4||2009||Dr. Mu’azu Babagida Aliyu||
Constitutional Review as a Mechanism for
Peace and Stability.
Strategic Workshops and Meetings
AAIPSDS over the years has been involved in organizing workshops with relevant stakeholders and partners on a number of critical issues that impact on peace building and sustainable development in Nigeria.
- Capacity Building on Post-Conflict, Disaster Management of Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons and Returnees in Nigeria (Bauchi, 25th-30th June, 2006 )
- Developing Women Agenda for Peace Building in Nigeria (Abuja, 9th -16th April, 2010)
- Minna Peace Forum and Roundtable of Northern Leaders. (Maizube Farms Minna, 2010)
- Developing a Mechanism for Influencing Government Policy/Decision-Making and Action for Mitigating Political
- Crises and Deadly Conflicts. (Maizube Farms, Minna 17th December,2014)
- Men and Boys can Stop Terrorism, Violence and Insurgency in Nigeria. (Maizube Farms,Minna18th-21st December,2014)
- Roundtable on Appropriate Policy, Strategy and Doctrine against Extreme Violence, Terrorism and Insurgency in Nigeria. (Maizube Farms, Minna 7th-8th October,2015)
- Meeting of a Forum of Farmer-Herder Relations in Nigeria in collaboration with Search for Common Ground (Maizube Farms, Minna Ocobert,2017)
The chair , AAIPSDS Gen. (Dr.) A. A. Abubakar (rtd) in company of the Director AAIPSDS, Ms Diamond P. Ogidi paid a courtesy to the newly appointed provost Prof. Farouk Rashid Haruna on the 29th September 2009. He congratulated the provost on His appointment and pledged His continous support to the College and the Institute. […]